At the start of this year, we joined forces with a very special children’s charity called Playskill. The local Hertfordshire charity is run by a selfless team of volunteers who provide expert support, training and respite for pre-school children who have physical delays or disabilities. With 96 children and their families currently relying on these services, it’s never been more important to ensure Playskill have the funds to continue to support those families in need.
We are honoured to be working alongside such a wonderful charity, and so far, we have supported Playskill and raised funds by initiating the following:
- Tom Doherty, The Stables Restaurant Manager, came up with a delicious cocktail named Mansion on the Hill. Available in all three of our bars, £1 from each cocktail purchased will be donated to Playskill.
- Our team’s talents don’t lie solely in looking after guests – we’ve also got several bakers who will give Mary Berry a run for her money! We recently held a staff cake sale which raised a fantastic £174.62.
- Before our Everyman Secret Garden cinema opened to film fanatics last month, we hosted an exclusive evening film screening just for Playskill volunteers and the families who use the charity’s services.
- We hosted a movie night for staff at the Secret Garden cinema, complete with a raffle. The funds raised from the raffle tickets purchased were donated to Playskill.
- A number of the team helped out by volunteering at the Playskill stand at Standon Calling, one of Hertfordshire’s biggest family festivals.
On 30 September, lots of our team will be taking part in the Great Big Walk For Herts to raise money for Playskill.